Monday, 9 November 2015

NEW YORK, NEW YORK


Hello all! I'm here again with a little project that look a bit longer than expected - my New York photo diary. Here are some fun little edits of some of my favourite snaps from my recent trip to the Big Apple - as well as a tiny excerpt of a diary entry from Saturday about loving yourself. It's currently last period on a Monday afternoon and I have 27 minutes until school finishes and I've never been so excited - I'm so sleep-deprived and looking forward to the weekend (???). Anyway, without further ado, I do hope you enjoy this random little edit! 



"Saturday, 7th November 4.12pm - I talked to Z for a long time last night and we talked about a lot of things, including self-love. I think a person can't truly love anyone unless they love themselves first. I said hypocritically to Z: if you were going to a deserted island for 10 years would you pick someone you love or hate to join you? Because you are stuck with yourself for the rest of your life so you may as well learn to love yourself. But that's reflexive advice, too, and a lot easier said than done. And that is what I'm trying to do. I used to stand in front of my mirror listing out my flaws, but god, there is so much of me to love. There's the basics - I have existence, and a healthy functioning heart, and a healthy functioning body and my lungs are full of fresh air and my stomach is full of good, nourishing food and I can hear and see and speak. I can read and write and draw and think and run and paint and play the guitar. I am compassionate and intelligent and beautiful and understanding (and oh god that sentence was so hard to write) and I am thoughtful and have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the finer things in life and I see the best in people. And truly, a lot of people see the best in me, and for that I am endlessly grateful. I love myself. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my followers. I hate what it has taken for me to fish out all this love from within me, but I am glad I did. Today is almost over and I am happy." 

You are good and kind and wonderful and I am glad you are alive - I hope you are, too. 

xo, 
rachel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment